Partially Funded by the U.S. Federal Government
Federal Work-Study is an employment program partially funded by the U.S. federal government designed to help qualifying students fund their education.
- Students must be United States citizens or permanent residents and must have proven financial need.
- The program runs from July 1 through June of the following year.
- Many positions, in University departments or at non-profit organizations off campus, complement students’ academic interests.
- Students in work-study positions may be expected to work a significant number of hours each week in addition to their school-related work.
- Hourly wages associated with work-study positions may vary.
- Work-Study awards are granted by the Financial Aid Office of each School. Certain schools do not participate in the Federal Work-Study program.