Student Timesheet Management and Payment
Federal Work-Study online timesheets are used by payroll to track hours worked. A student's timesheet must be approved by the supervisor for each pay period worked. Ensure the document is completed correctly before submitting a timesheet for approval.
The opening page of My Timesheets will provide access to all your timesheets for a particular job, as well as the status of each. If you have multiple jobs, confirm the job listed is the position for which you want to manage timesheets.
Warnings will help remind you of Federal Work-Study regulations as well as the status of current timesheets.
Timesheets will be listed by pay periods. Select Go to timesheet to access a particular timesheet. If a timesheet is a delinquent past a certain point, you may not be able to access it. There may also be other instances in which a timesheet is inaccessible. Contact your supervisor and/or the federal work-study office if you have questions.
Icons will display to the left of each time period to help identify the status of your timesheets. Roll over the icon for a description.
Hire details about a job display general information about your position, like supervisor, wage, start date, and your remaining federal award balance.
For each pay period, you must start a new timesheet once the pay period begins. Select Start New Timesheet. Changes made to your timesheet will automatically be saved. The status of your timesheet will be displayed, along with information about the pay period and timesheet deadline, and pay date.
Please refer to the following steps to create a new entry:
- To add a new entry to your timesheet, select Add New Entry.
- After selecting Add New Entry, a new screen will open to enter time.
- Select the day for which you want to enter time.
- Enter your time using the drop-down menus. Enter time for breaks in the appropriate column. You can also enter two different entries for the same day. When you have completed your entry for that day, select Add.
- When complete, submit the timesheet. The page will reload and ask you to review your submission.
- To make changes click on cancel and correct any entries. You will be prompted again to confirm your timesheet submission.
- Once you submit your timesheet, you will no longer be able to make edits. If you made an error, contact your supervisor immediately. If a timesheet is returned to you, be sure to correct it immediately and resubmit.
- Timesheets can only be used for the specified two-week pay period.
- Both students and supervisors must make sure that all hours worked within a pay period are submitted at the end of that pay period.
- Once the timesheet has been “Finalized”/paid, the Office of Federal Work-Study will not be able to go back and add hours to the timesheet.
- Timesheets without the supervisor’s approval cannot be processed.
- Supervisors will be notified of any outstanding timesheets awaiting approval.
- Remember that the timesheet must reflect at least a half-hour break after six consecutive hours worked.
In order to receive your paycheck, you must submit a timesheet for each period worked. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Follow the listing of pay periods on the Federal Work-Study pay schedule.
- Go to the My Timesheets section of the Federal Work Study system.
- Create an online timesheet for the corresponding period.
- Submit timesheet to supervisor/departmental administrator for approval by the due date on the Federal Work Study Pay Schedule.
Students who submit their timesheets correctly by the due date will receive a paycheck via direct deposit or by mail in accordance with the payroll schedule maintained by the Human Resources Office. If timesheets aren't submitted, are incorrect, or are not approved by the employer on time, a delay in paycheck receipt may result.
If you do not receive your paycheck as expected, check with your employer first to confirm their timely approval of your timesheet.