DHS/US Citizenship Documentation Affidavit
This form is for the collection of DHS or other U.S. citizenship/nationality documents from students unable to present their documents in person. Upon completion, please submit your form(s) to your schools financial aid office.
Additional information about supplemental items that may be provided with this form are provided directly on the document. Please review any supplemental documentation being provided to your financial aid office with this form to ensure it includes any applicable signatures and, if an expiration applies, that it has not expired.
If you are unsure if you should complete this form or which version of this form is appropriate for your circumstances, please contact your financial aid office directly. You can find your schools financial aid office on the Financial Aid Offices webpage.
Please note: This form requests sensitive, personally identifiable information. Take care to return this form and any requested supplemental documentation having used appropriate security measures for the signature process utilized for your document(s). Please see the information below for additional information on acceptable signature processes.
Acceptable signatures may include:
- A wet signature on a worksheet or statement that the student either mails or brings to the school.
- A wet signature on a worksheet or statement that the student faxes, scans, or photographs and emails, texts, or uploads to the school.
- An electronic copy of a worksheet or statement that the student signs with a stylus or finger and mails, emails, texts, or uploads to the school.
- An electronic copy of a worksheet or statement that has an image of the student’s signature attached and that the student mails, emails, texts, or uploads to the school.
- Electronic signatures facilitated outside of approved university provided systems, processes or resources cannot not be accepted.