2020- 21 Academic Year
- To qualify for deferred tuition payments, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 to the Columbia Office of Military & Veterans Affairs (OMVA).
• In person to 202 Kent Hall• Scan and email to email@example.com• Fax to (212) 854-2818
- If you don’t have this document – please visit Vets.gov in order to apply for the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- If you are entitled to receive Yellow Ribbon, apply at your school’s financial aid office.
- Complete the Request for Certification online form on the Columbia Veterans Affairs website, prior to the start of every term you want to utilize your benefits at Columbia
- Notify OMVA if you intend to utilize Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment benefits (VR&E). This benefit will cover 100% of tuition and mandatory fees.
- Medical insurance is not a mandatory fee.
You are eligible to apply if you have a disability rating of 20% or greater.
- Remember to waive the medical insurance by the university’s deadline.
- Watch Columbia's short orientation video, "Registration, Benefits, and Resources for Veterans and Servicemembers."
- Sign up for direct deposit with the Veterans Administration by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- Notify OMVA if you will be on Active Duty when you begin the term (even for one day, including terminal leave)
Students are responsible to pay any accounts balances that exceed their benefits by the due date listed on the E-Bill Statement. Failure to pay by the deadline will result in a hold on your student account and late fees.
- If you need any dental work, you have up to 6 months after your separation date to have it covered by Veterans Affairs.