Repaying Federal Perkins and Columbia Institutional Loans
University Accounting Service (UAS) is Columbia University's loan servicer for Federal Perkins, Health Professions Student Loans, Nursing Student Loans, Loan to Disadvantaged Students, and Columbia University Institutional Loans.
- The repayment period is 10 years.
- Perkins Loan replayment begins 9 months after graduation or after enrollment status drops to less than half-time.
- Institutional Loan repayment begins 6 months after graduation or after enrollment status drops to less than half-time.
- Health Professions Student Loans and Loan to Disadvantaged Students repayment begins 12 months after graduation or after enrollment status drops to less than half-time.
During the grace period for either loan type, you are not required to make payments, and interest will not accrue on your loan. There are no prepayment penalties on these loans. Some deferment and forbearance options are available; please contact UAS for additional information.
If your loan was disbursed in a past school year and you're still in school, keep your contact information up to date with Columbia University's Student Loans Servicer, University Accounting Services (UAS). Please email UAS at UASconnect@tsico.com or call (844) 870-8701 when you:
- drop below half-time enrollment, or
- stop going to school.
If you're no longer in school, contact UAS when you:
- change your name, address, or phone number;
- need help making your loan payment;
- have a question about your bill; or
- have other questions about your student loan.
To find contact information for Columbia's Student Loans Collection team, visit our About Us page.