A. Tuition Rates
1. All Associates in the School of Law, who are candidates for the JSD and LLM degree and who hold the title Preceptor, shall be charged tuition equal to one-half of the regular program tuition each term of their appointment.
2. JSD students who have completed course requirements from prior years shall be charged a fee for matriculation and facilities of $2,044.00 per-term.
3. Candidates for the JD degree who are permitted to complete degree requirements at another law school during a period of absence from Columbia shall be assessed a fee equal to 10% of the school’s flat-rate JD tuition for each term of leave.
4. JD and LLM students completing course requirements from prior years shall be assessed a fee for matriculation and facilities of $3,152.00 per-term.
5. Students in approved one-term or one-year foreign exchange programs shall be assessed the regular JD program tuition when taking courses at foreign schools.
6. Tuition for students in the Columbia 3-year JD/MBA Program is based on where a student Tuition for students in the Columbia Three-Year JD/MBA Program is based on where a student is in residence during a given semester. Students will be charged standard Law School tuition for their first year. In the second year, students will be charged 150 percent of the standard Business School tuition for that academic year, and in the third year they will be charged 150 percent of the standard Law School tuition for that academic year. Overall, the tuition for the Columbia 3-year JD/MBA Program will be approximately the same as the 4-year JD/MBA Program.
7. Students in a 4-year Double Degree Program shall be assessed the regular JD program tuition when taking courses at Columbia. Students whose school of origination is Columbia shall be charged tuition equal to one-half of the J.D. Program tuition each term when taking courses abroad. Students whose school of origination is not Columbia shall be charged no Columbia tuition when taking courses abroad.
8. JD candidates who registered and were charged for six full-time residence terms, or four full-time residence terms if they were admitted as second-year transfers, but who did not complete degree requirements during these terms and need to return for an additional term to register for academic credits required for the degree, are charged tuition at a rate of 25% of the standard full-time tuition rate for that term. This tuition rate is applicable for registrations between 1 and 19 points. University and other fees are charged as appropriate.
B. Application Fees
All Programs: $85
C. Health Service Fees
E. Student Activity Fee
a. All students shall be charged, per term, a Student Activity Fee of $135.00. Students in approved double degree and foreign exchange programs shall be exempt from the Student Activity Fee each term when taking courses at foreign schools.
G. Special Fees