Forms and Publications
- Federal Verification Worksheets
Summer Stipend Request
for schools and departments requesting a summer stipend be paid to a student
- Third Party (Sponsored Students)
- Tuition Exemption
Student Financial Planning Forms List
for students in Architecture, Arts, Continuing Education and Journalism
- Federal Verification Worksheet: DEP - Group 1 Standard Verification
- Federal Verification Worksheet: DEP - Group 2 SNAP Benefits
- Federal Verification Worksheet: DEP - Group 3 Child Support Paid
- Federal Verification Worksheet: DEP - Group 4 Customized Verification
- Federal Verification Worksheet: DEP - Group 5 Aggregate Verification
- Federal Verification Worksheet: IND - Group 1 Standard Verification
- Federal Verification Worksheet: IND - Group 2 SNAP Benefits
- Federal Verification Worksheet: IND - Group 3 Child Support Paid
- Federal Verification Worksheet: IND - Group 4 Customized Verification
- Federal Verification Worksheet: IND - Group 5 Aggregate Verification
For Summer 2013, Student Financial Services has a new form available for schools and departments to request summer stipends for students.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.
Direct Deposit: (EMPLOYEES) Links to the University’s automatic deposit form for direct deposit of payroll checks. Form provides instructions for completing the form to authorize the University to directly deposit pay to designated checking or savings account.
I-9 Employment Verification Form: (ALL NEW HIRES) All employees, citizens and non-citizens, hired after November 6, 1986, must complete Section 1 of this online form at the time of hire, which is the actual beginning of employment. The employee is responsible for ensuring that Section 1 is timely and properly completed. Section 2 must be completed by the Employer.
IT2104 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate for NYC and NYS, Long Form: (EMPLOYEES: New York State Residents) - This certificate, Form IT-2104, is completed by an employee and given to the employer to instruct the employer how much New York State (and New York City and Yonkers) tax to withhold from the employee’s pay. The more allowances claimed, the lower the amount of tax withheld.
NYS, Short Form: (EMPLOYEES EXEMPTION FROM NYC & NYS TAX) Who qualifies - You may claim exemption from withholding if:
You are under age 18, over age 65, or a full-time student under age 25, and
You had no New York income tax liability for 2007, and
Expect none for the year 2008. (For this purpose, you have a tax liability if your return shows tax before the allowance of any credit for income tax withheld.
IT2104.1 Certificate of Non-New York State Residence (PDF): (EMPLOYEES: Non-New-York-State Residents) - If you are not a New York State Resident: Complete this form and return it to your employer. If you become a New York State, New York City, or Yonkers resident, or you substantially change the percentage of services performed within New York State or Yonkers, you must notify your employer within 10 days.
W4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF): (ALL NEW EMPLOYEES) - Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Because your tax situation may change, you may want to refigure your withholding each year.
For graduate students in Architecture, Arts, Continuing Education and Journalism:
- Budget Adjustment Form
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid: Columbia University’s federal school code is 002707
- Verification Worksheet: If you are randomly selected by the Department of Education for verification, you will need to complete the appropriate worksheet. Please note there are separate forms for independent and dependent students.
- Federal Stafford Loan Request Form
- Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note
- Student Non-Tax Filer Form
- Parent Non-Tax Filer Form