Repaying Federal Perkins and Columbia Institutional Loans
ACS Education Services is Columbia University's loan servicer for Federal Perkins, Health Professional, Nursing Student Loans, Loan to Disadvantaged Students, and Columbia University Institutional Loans.
- The repayment period is 10 years.
- Perkins Loan replayment begins 9 months after graduation or after enrollment status drops to less than half-time.
- Institutional Loan repayment begins 6 months after graduation or after enrollment status drops to less than half-time.
During the grace period for either loan type, you are not required to make payments, and interest will not accrue on your loan. There are no prepayment penalties on these loans. Some deferment and forbearance options are available; please contact ACS Education Services for additional information.
Please use the links below for services provided by ACS:
- Entrance Interviews
- Exit Interviews
- Electronically Sign Promissory Note
- Electronically Sign TILA Disclosure
- Pay Student Loan
You can also visit the ACS website to obtain forms to:
- Request Hardship and Forbearance
- Request Student Loan Deferment
- Request Loan Cancellation, and Pre-Cancellation
- Loan Forbearance
To find contact information for Columbia's Student Loans Collection team, visit our About Us page.