2017 - 2018 Academic Year
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 to the Columbia Office of Military & Veterans Affairs (OMVA).
• In person to 202 Kent Hall• Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org• Fax to (212) 854-2818
If you don’t have this document, go to the website of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, va.gov, and complete the VONAPP. This will prompt the Department to mail you your certificate.
- If you are entitled to receive Yellow Ribbon, apply at your school’s financial aid office.
- If you are a transfer student, complete Veterans Affairs Form 22-1995 (Change of Location Form) on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website, va.gov.
- If you will be on Active Duty when you begin the term (even for one day, including terminal leave), notify our office by email at email@example.com or call 212-854-3161.
- If you intend to utilize Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment benefits (VR&E), notify our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-854-3161.
You are eligible to apply if you have a disability rating of 20% or greater. Learn more at the Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Complete our Request for Certification. You will need to complete this form every term you want to utilize your benefits at Columbia.
- Watch Columbia's short orientation video, "Registration, Benefits, and Resources for Veterans and Servicemembers."
- Sign up for direct deposit with the Veterans Administration by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- If you need any dental work, you have up to 6 months after your separation date to have it covered by Veterans Affairs.