2018 - 2019 Academic Year
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 to the Columbia Office of Military & Veterans Affairs (OMVA).
• In person to 202 Kent Hall• Scan and email to email@example.com• Fax to (212) 854-2818
- If you don’t have this document – please visit Vets.gov in order to apply for the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- If you are entitled to receive Yellow Ribbon, apply at your school’s financial aid office.
- Complete the Request for Certification online form on the Columbia Veterans Affairs website, prior to the start of every term you want to utilize your benefits at Columbia
- Notify OMVA if you intend to utilize Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment benefits (VR&E). This benefit will cover 100% of tuition and mandatory fees.
- Medical insurance is not a mandatory fee.
You are eligible to apply if you have a disability rating of 20% or greater.
- Remember to waive the medical insurance by the university’s deadline.
- Watch Columbia's short orientation video, "Registration, Benefits, and Resources for Veterans and Servicemembers."
- Sign up for direct deposit with the Veterans Administration by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- Notify OMVA if you will be on Active Duty when you begin the term (even for one day, including terminal leave)
- Students are responsible to pay any accounts balances that exceed their benefits by the 4th E-Billing statement. Failure to pay by the deadline will result in a hold on your student account and late fees.
- If you need any dental work, you have up to 6 months after your separation date to have it covered by Veterans Affairs.